LostNMissing Inc, 26 Noyes Rd., Londonderry, NH 03053 Phone: 603.548.6548.
Safety Tips If You Have To Drive Alone:
- Potential attackers look for people who are vulnerable.
- When walking to your car, hold your keys in your fist with a key pointing out between your thumb and forefinger.
- When leaving your car, put the passenger seat forward if possible. This allows you to see if anyone is in the back seat upon returning to your car.
- Before you get into your car, circle your car and look for obvious problems.
- However, in underground parking lots, time is of the essence. Walk directly to your car, get in, lock the doors and quickly drive away.
- Always keep your car maintained and never drive with less than 1/2 tank of gas.
- When you break down, you are much safer inside a locked car. Get a ‘CALL POLICE’ sign. Never obstruct your view by applying it to your windshield. Put the sign in a back window.
- If your car breaks down, DO NOT raise your car hood.
- If a passing motorist stops. DO NOT get out of your car. Roll the window down 1 inch and ask them to call police.
- If you are involved in a minor accident, drive to a well lit and/or well traveled area. DO NOT get out of your car on a lonely or dark road.
If you are going on a trip, make sure someone is aware of your exact route and destination. Info provided by the Camden NJ Police Department